iVe Software v3.3 Adds Support for Mazda Systems
Berla is proud to announce the release of iVe version 3.3.
New Mazda Support
iVe version 3.3 introduces support for Mazda and Scion vehicles as well as increases support for Toyota. Many Mazda vehicles from 2015-2017, as well as a small number of Toyota and Scion vehicles share a common infotainment system. This version of iVe enables users to acquire and analyze device data, geolocation information and vehicle events from these systems.
The underlying technology used for viewing geolocation data on maps within the software has been completely overhauled. iVe desktop software now uses Mapbox. This update enables users with large datasets to be able to pan and zoom with no degradation in performance. It allows for new mapping options in the future and was key to the development of tracklog playback.
iVe desktop software now includes the ability to animate tracklogs! This feature allows users to play a tracklog in realtime. It gives investigators the ability to visualize events as they unfolded and helps identify time, location and duration of stops as well as sequences of events. This feature has been available in the iVe Mobile app as of its version 3.0, and now users have the same capability in the desktop software.
Users now have the ability to save a PDF of vehicle lookup results, to include the system summary and supported data types. The PDF may be needed for an investigative file, to justify cause for a search warrant, or it can be printed to reference during a vehicle inspection. The feature has been ardently requested by a number of iVe users for some time now, and we are glad to bring it to fruition.
Third Party Exports
As of this version, users can now export the contents of a collection to two additional platforms; Insight by 4DV Analytics and AXIOM by Magnet Forensics. 3rd party exports provide greater flexibility for users who analyze multiple types of data from a variety of sources. It gives them a secure and seamless means to transfer data and collaborate with other investigators.
Several other improvements and bug fixes round out the software release.
New Features and Enhancements for iVe Software v3.3:
- Added support for certain Mazda Connect/MZD systems manufactured from approximately 2015-2017
- Added ability to animate tracklogs
- Added ability to save a PDF of vehicle lookup results (to include system summary and supported data types)
- Updated all mapping throughout the application to improve performance
- Added third party exports for 4DV and Magnet Forensics
- Added ability to use filters for tracklog events
- Added ability to complete Toyota Internal SD acquisitions for examples of this system that are missing Partition 7
- Added ability to parse device SMS for some examples of Honda-HDD systems
- Added ability to parse additional driver side door events for some examples of Ford SYNC generation 3 systems
- Improved parsing of device contacts and call logs in some examples of Lexus Internal SD systems
- Improved parsing of velocity logs in some rare examples of Uconnect 4C systems
- Added or improved identification, removal, and/or setup instructions for multiple supported systems
- Added instructions for newly supported systems
- Implemented several minor bug fixes
Download your copy of iVe 3.3 today by visiting our support page and selecting ‘Current Release.’