Berla is pleased to announce the release of iVe version 1.8. This release introduces some much-anticipated features and incorporates many of the suggestions from our user community.
We are pleased to introduce the beta versions of iVe Mobile and iVe Connect. iVe Mobile is an Android based app designed to make field work easier. Features include a Vehicle Lookup and VIN Scanner to determine whether a vehicle is supported. iVe Mobile also includes instructions for locating and identifying supported systems and instructions for vehicle disassembly. Users can start a case on iVe Mobile and quickly transfer it to iVe Desktop via iVe Connect.
iVe Connect is the link between the mobile and desktop versions of iVe and allows users to transfer cases, monitor acquisition progress, and view results of an acquisition. An iVe Connect account is required to access the iVe Mobile App. iVe Connect accounts are created using iVe Desktop.
Download a copy of iVe Mobile today. If you do not have access to a copy of iVe Desktop, contact us and we will create a temporary trial account for you.
New Features and Enhancements for iVe Desktop v1.8 Include:
- Added support for Ford SYNC Generation 1, Version 5
- Added support for parsing contact photos from Toyota Systems
- Added support for parsing additional phone, media player, and USB device data from Ford SYNC Generation 2 systems
- Added timestamp type to column headers and added timestamp confidence indicator
- Added new lookup feature for IMEI, IMSI, PSTN and MAC addresses
- Added beta version of iVe Connect and iVe Mobile. Feature found under Tools in the menu bar
- Added mapping feature that allows users to add a custom Open Street Maps server
- Added mapping feature that allows users to right-click on a row, that contains geo location data, and view it via google maps
- Added mapping feature that allows users to zoom to the content plotted on the map
- Added mapping feature that allows a user to double click on the map to zoom in
- Added mapping feature that allows users to pop the map window out of the application for use with multiple monitors
- Added mapping feature that allows users the ability to map or unmap all geo locations at once
- Added mapping feature that allows users to save a screen shot of the map and any data plotted
- Added offline mapping feature with basic world tile set
- Added hashing feature that gives users the option to run additional hash algorithms post acquisition. Feature found under Tools in the menu bar
- Added hashing feature that allows users to verify hash values post acquisition either automatically upon opening an acquisition or on demand
- Added feature that allows system files to be exported by right-clicking on the file in the grid
- Added feature that allows users the ability to double click on a .ive file to launch the application and load the acquisition
- Improved data presentation by making sort by date/time the default
- Improved data presentation by merging duplicate devices and removing empty devices from the tree and grid
- Improved acquisition wizard, as well as global user settings, by adding a user option for copying original evidence during an import
- Improved acquisition workflow by moving non fatal error notifications to the end of an acquisition
- Improved vehicle lookup by adding a feature that will partially decode non North American VIN numbers
- Improved vehicle lookup by updating the underlying dataset
- Improved performance of vehicle lookup by downloading thumbnail images for vehicles
- Improved search results by adding a right-click show source documents
- Improved search indexing by adding a feature the automatically cancels indexing if the target storage goes below 1GB of free space
- Improved tagging by added support for tagging search results in both parsed content and full text search views
- Improved tagging by allowing users to merge tags
- Improved reporting by allowing users to generate a custom report from multiple tags
- Improved notification area to show when multiple processes are running simultaneously
- Improved visual aspects of the application by restyling items such as column headers, data grids, and menu items
- Improved installer by moving some drivers to a silent install
- Improved installer by protecting it with hardware license key. Users will now need a current valid hardware key (dongle) to open the installer downloaded from the Berla support site
- Improved Acquisition Log file
Please download the latest version of iVe from our support page. As a reminder, you can always use the vehicle lookup tool on our website to see if a vehicle is supported as we are constantly adding to it. In fact, we just added a feature that displays what data can be extracted from each vehicle.